Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blog Update

I've gotten an initial diagnosis from my tech sergeant on the main machine -and it doesn't look good. His opinion is that the thing is shot and a total write-off. For the sake of what little sanity I have left I *hope* it's not as bad as that, but he's way ahead of me in dealing with the infernal contraptions so I'm not counting on it. Still, there's a ton of stuff on there, much of it blog-related, that I would *really* hate to lose so as soon as I can get to a city I will be letting the experts take a look at it (keep in mind I'm at least 50 miles from the nearest thing that could be called a city) on the slim hope that I can at least salvage some of the info saved on the dang thing. Nonetheless, until such time as it is repaired or replaced I shall try to carry on, best I can, on this back-up piece of junk to keep the blog up and running. One of the things that has been most frustrating is that I am just now getting in alot of new materials I had hoped to use on future posts and blog projects -which is of course just after the machine crapped out on me. So, that's the situation and again, I appreciate everyone for their patience at this time when things are not exactly firing on all cylinders. I hope to be able to continue, I am determined to carry on and I remain ... The Mad Monarchist.

6 comments:

  1. The lesson is well learned, I would hope - back up frequently. I've been having some troubles with my computer, and I've stuffed all that I would hate to lose (largely because I couldn't really replace it easily) onto an external hard drive. Believe me, for the money I spent, it's well worth the security (just make sure you don't leave it on. Otherwise, it dies with the warranty, or so I hear).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blogg !!!

    But i wonder is there no function wher ei can get a E-mail when new posts arrives. I do not wish to miss any post, but sometimes one is absent :) Newsletter or something perhaps ? In any case, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks alot. As for notifications you might try the subscription button just under the members icon section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try using Carbonite also- I have an external hard drive and Carbonite just to ensure that I lose nothing! The former automatically backsup your hardrive offline, with minimal cost

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were I flexible enough I'd kick my own butt for not doing that already. I'd heard of the service, thought that sounded like a smart thing to do but just never got around to really looking in to it. Now of course I'm wishing I had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Will kepp coming back! Feel free to check out my royal family tree at http://tiggerhans.tribalpages.com with lots of photo's

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...