Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Personal Request

This morning I got a call from my old Dad asking, in a very matter of fact way, to come meet him over at our place just southeast of here. No more than that. Once I got there I found he had tangled with an old bull and, not surprisingly, the bull won. Tossed him in the air like a rag doll and broke his hip. I rushed him to the nearest half-way professional hospital (50 miles away) and spent most of the day there until my mother arrived. He's now in the big city waiting for surgery which should be sometime tonight, in a great deal of pain as you can imagine. When he was thrown up in the air his cell phone landed about 15 feet away from him and with his hip blown out he had to crawl over to get it, amongst about 40 cattle he had been feeding, then back again to get under the neck of the trailer in case the bull wanted to make another pass. I would appreciate any prayers or good thoughts sent his way for a safe and speedy recovery. Thanks.

18 comments:

  1. Good grief! I will certainly be praying....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desde el católico Reino de España, le mandamos nuestros mejores deseos para la recuperación de su Padre. rezaremos por el.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Matterhorn, y muchas gracias senior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sorry to hear that. I am saying some prayers now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray for his recovery as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences, sir, and my prayers for the recovery of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope for recovery as soon as possible. My prayers from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good wishes and prayers for your father. May he soon be up and walking again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope he comes through the surgery well. I will be putting out lots of positive waves for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending positive energy from Australia for your father, healing prayers from around the globe should speed his recovery. He sounds like the kind of man who is very stoic, determined and independent; just make sure he doesn't try to rush his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers from Hungary; hope he recovers fully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... sorry to hear about his,
    Love,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to everyone. He came through the surgery fine and took his first walk around this morning. It looks like he's out of the woods but he will still be in the hospital for several more days for observation (have to watch for blood clots which he's prone to) and then there will be therapy after that. Thanks again to all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great to hear.

    I'll be praying for a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hail Mary for your father -- because she never abandons anyone who comes to her for help.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this attached to your most recent post, friend; I can't believe it escaped my notice as much as I check your blog. Your father sounds like a hard man made of a toughness rarely found in the New Order with a grit fighting a warrior of the Old. I will pray to God for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah; I was mistaken because this article was a year old... damn my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...