Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from everyone here at The Mad Monarchist
First is our annual Halloween dance...

...then we all pile into the bus and head for the border to see if we can get a part in one of those snuff films all the kids are talking about. Good times...
 

 Alright, in truth, at the last minute I raided my first-aid kit and slapped together an "Invisible Man" costume to scare the trick-or-treaters. I usually try to get into the 'spirit' of things, but where I live, you might get trick-or-treaters and you might not -and they have to call ahead to make sure you will be home and have the front gates open. I didn't think anyone would be coming this year but, surprise, there were and I had only about ten minutes to come up with a costume. I put on a jacket and tie, a big black hat, my sun glasses and wrapped my head in bandages, put on some gloves and -presto- a five minute Halloween costume. I tried working on sounding like Claude Rains but the less said about that the better. However, I'm so stuck in my own little backwards-looking world most of the time it never occurred to me that kids today will probably not be familiar with a movie 'monster' from 1933. My oldest neice is the only one who recognized me as the Invisible Man and I'm sure that was only because she had seen a book in my library about the film. Anyway, we all had fun and that's what it's all about right. If you're not too scared, tell all what you were for Halloween in the box below.


1 comment:

  1. I put up a 5-minute costume too. A pink tie, sombrero, and gym shorts. Your costume was certainly more fancier than mine, I'll give you that.

    Ok, ok, I'll admit that I'm a horrible Halloweener. Maybe next year I'll go as the Jersey Devil.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...