Tuesday, September 8, 2009

King Juan Carlos Faces the Enemy

King Juan Carlos of Spain greets the leader of the communist-led leftist coalition that wishes to put him out of a job (notice the King wore a red tie for the occasion). The group, known as the "United Left" actually laid out for the King of Spain their hopes and plans for the eventual abolition of the Spanish monarchy and the creation of the 3rd Spanish Republic. I have every sympathy for the King of Spain in having to even speak to these people and it is to his credit that he is able to smile and bear it as a gentleman. Imagine the nerve of someone laying out to their monarch their own plans for his removal! Only communist criminals could look back at the history of republican Spain with all of the riots, chaos, massacres, oppression, atrocities, Soviet domination and civil wars and think that they should give it another try! I'm sure somewhere Generalissimo Franco was looking on and saying, "that's gratitude for you!"

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure the King should meet with them...one can take "being a gentleman" too far. But yes, what nerve on the part of the leftist leader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming this was some sort of constitutional requirement. I would prefer the same approach taken by your King Albert II towards the Flemish radicals -shun them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say this whole episode reminded me of that. What I find infuriating is the way King Albert was then blamed over this by some- but why on earth should he meet with people who want to destroy his kingdom, his throne and everything he stands for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it is absurd. I never imagined the King would have been criticized for that. What good is accomplished by talking to people who want to destroy you? They are not going to be convinced and they will obviously settle for nothing less, so I see no point in tolerating them. In the good ol'days there was a word for groups and people like this: traitors. What is even more infuriating is that if these same people succeeded in restoring their republic they would certainly not be so tolerant of enemies of their regime as modern monarchs seem to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if it is up to me I will turn the world red with the blood of the communists. these creatures are only good for one thing only, and that is as food source for the needy and pets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Considering that this is about what they would like to do and have done to all of those who are not on their side, I see that as a totally acceptable position.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...